Māori Women’s Development Inc is a unique, Indigenous financial institution formed by Māori women, controlled, managed and operated by Māori women, for the economic development of Māori Women and their whānau.
He Kaupapa o Māori Women’s Development Incorporation:
- To provide loans to Māori women and their whānau to enable and assist them to enter into and commence business and/or to expand and restructure their existing businesses.
- To establish, maintain and conduct a society for the promotion, advancement and encouragement of Māori women and whānau into business throughout NZ.
- To provide developmental training programs for Māori women and their whānau to empower and enable them towards economic and financial independence
- To empower Māori business women and their whānau through sharing information and knowledge
- To assist, support and foster the development of business ideas, opportunities and up-skilling amongst Māori women and their whānau
- To encourage and support Māori women and their whānau into general wealth through business development.