Our motto is Know Who You Are, Be Who You Are.
“Acceptance of the diversity of sexuality and gender in Aotearoa New Zealand”
“To provide unbiased information and education regarding sexuality, gender and identity to everyone in the community, in order to foster understanding and acceptance of diversity”
“To provide support, information and advocacy services to queer and questioning youth, their friends, and whānau”
- To provide a safe, supportive environment for queer and questioning youth, their friends, family and whānau.
- To provide and promote drug-free, alcohol-free and smoke-free environments
- Respect for the diversity of peoples everywhere
- Loyalty and respect for others opinions
- Youth operated; For youth by youth
- Promoting Leadership
- Respect for an individual’s right to confidentiality
- Principles of the Tiriti o Waitangi (Treaty of Waitangi)
- Fun and Humor
- To Know who you/we are, to be who you/we are!
- Whaia to ake ngākaunui, i te pono, i te marama
- Developing RainbowYOUTH to be a strong, efficient, well known and respected centre for information and support.
- To provide peer support groups, resources and events for youth, their friends, family and whānau.
- Developing and maintaining strong funding relationships
- Awareness and support of RainbowYOUTH from our communities
- Living within our means