TOAH-NNEST is the national network of those providing specialist services for sexual violence prevention and intervention: Te Ohaakii a Hine-National Network Ending Sexual Violence Together.
- About 40 specialist not for profit organisations (NGOs)
- Many individual specialists working throughout Aotearoa New Zealand in whanau/ families, hapu, iwi and communities.
It also has associate members from a wide range of allied NGOs.
TOAH-NNEST’s vision is for Aotearoa New Zealand to be free of sexual violence.
SPECTRUM OF SEXUAL VIOLENCE SERVICES
The wide spectrum of specialist sexual violence services represented by TOAH-NNEST includes:
- Primary prevention: Promoting healthy and respectful social norms in whanau/families, hapu, iwi and communities
- Early intervention: Crisis support for victim/survivors, including support in the criminal justice system, forensic medical services for victim/survivors and support for children displaying inappropriate sexualised behaviours
- Recovery and support for victim/survivors
- Longer term treatment for victim/survivors with high and complex needs
- Harmful sexual behaviour services for people who have perpetrated sexual abuse or harm on others.
- Specialist advice and training for government agencies and for professionals working with sexual violence e.g. psychologists, counsellors, GPs, nurses, health workers, teachers, social workers
- Promotion of law reform to increase the accountability of offenders.